Saturday 9 July 2011

A Truckload of Truffles


I don' t know if you know this about me, but sometimes I get a little bit excited about making treats. Some things make me get a bit carried away, maybe alot carried away. I don't mind, and usually everyone around me is happy to help me with my excesses. This week I did a truffle tasting for a beautiful couple getting married soon. We did the tasting at a Stella and Dot party, which was really cool. How to make ladies happy... combine wine, chocolate, and pretty shiny things, lol.
The joyful couple left me to my own devices with flavors for them to try. Dangerous. I made way to many as usual 8) But it was fun, and I cant wait to hear what they decided on for the big day. One of their rad friends even gave me an awesome flavor idea that I am totally going to name after her.
At giftmas I have been known to give truffles to my friends and family. It is a great excuse for me to play with flavors. 
 lets see what flavors i can remember making so far....

dark chocolate~
orange, black cherry, mint, lavender, cherry cola, espresso , chai, mocha, salted caramel, aztec, ginger
milk chocolate~
honey,peanut butter, chai, baileys, smores, coconut, almond, hazelnut, banana, peanut butter banana,, peanut butter and jelly, maple nut
white chocolate~
burnt honey, brown butter, earl grey, apple caramel, revello, raspberry, green tea, macadamia,  baklava, pistachio

Now this is a good start, but I have a WHOLE bunch more i want to try making, and a couple new theories on how to flavor the fillings. Fillings for truffles are just ganache (chocolate and whipping cream melted together) So much potential for experimentation! I love them. I need to take out a chocolate loan.


No comments:

Post a Comment