Sunday 28 July 2013

Themes




What is the theme of the wedding? A pretty typical question when deciding on a wedding cake design. The best response I have heard so far is... its old Hollywood glam... and steam punk, with feathers, and red roses....... and maybe abit of outer space.
OK maybe that wasn't exactly how it went down. But that was the main ideas. and I loved every theme for a different reason, but how the heck was I gonna tie it all together? lol. good thing i like a challenge.
my old friend Lemur built me an amazing cake board, with a panel attached on the back.
i planned out a 4 tier cake, with a huge fondant moon as a back drop. A bright red Hollywood red carpet, topped off with a plume of feathers and rowed with red ribbon roses, gears, and cogs.
I was nervous it would be to busy, but I think it all came together perfectly.


and if you look closely you can see the final touch, to bring in a bit more of the outer space...  two adorable space ship cake pops for the bride and groom to feed each other. too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment